It’s every bride’s worst nightmare: rain on her wedding day! They say it also happens to be lucky, but I guarantee you that no bride will ever agree with that.
Regardless, the weather stops for no one, so we thought it appropriate on this rainy, Spring week to share a few tips on how to stay dry (and calm) on this most important day of your life.
- Purchase colorful rain boots and a matching umbrella. This way, you’ll be more relaxed knowing you’re prepared to venture outside (when there’s a break in the weather), and this cute combo will make for some equally cute photos.
- Be flexible with your “first look”. Some couples are adamant on not seeing one another until the ceremony, but if you’re not one of them, consider taking photos before the ceremony if the weather permits that particular time slot as opposed to during cocktail hour.
- Bring towels. Once again, if you get lucky, and the weather breaks for a few, make sure you are able to dry off outdoor props, like benches or steps for example.
- Have a backup location! You’ll thank yourself for the peace of mind you’ll have if you know that, no matter what Mother Nature throws at you, you’ll be able to capture beautiful and memorable photos on your special day.
- Ask your makeup artist to weatherproof your makeup. There are some products on the market that claim to be weatherproof, and there is even a product called Mist & Fix by Makeup Forever that will seal in all of that gorgeous work your makeup artist did.
- Lastly (and most importantly), use your wedding planner….(ahem….that’s us!) Any great wedding/event planner knows the in’s and out’s of the venues in their market and can recommend alternate locations to take photos so that nothing will rain on your parade. We even provide umbrellas for your guests, so that they can make it from their cars into the party without the touch of a single drop.
We hope you’ve found these rainy day tips helpful!
Just remember, the most important things to do if you find yourself in this situation are breathe, smile, and trust the process.