To follow up our previous “sweet” post about a proposal on New Year’s Day, we thought we would stay on the topic of weddings and dive into all that it takes to plan one.
Ask any girl and she will tell you that her wedding is the most important day of her life. From deciding on décor, music, catering, to of course, the perfect dress. When it comes to weddings in general, the focus is always on the bride and it’s a long standing joke that all the groom has to do is rent a tux and show up….(and maybe taste some cake).
Well, that’s basically true, but we’re sure that grooms have SOME things to say about the big day; it is after all, the most important day of their lives too. Either that or Super Bowl Sunday….the jury is still out on that one.
We surveyed 5 veteran grooms and asked them a few simple questions regarding the big day:
- What were you most nervous about?
- What were you most excited about?
- Favorite part of the day?
- What really mattered when it was all said and done?
- Four out of five said they were most nervous when they saw their fiancé walking down the aisle; that’s when it all became real, they say. The fifth, well, he was worried about tripping up on the vows that he wrote himself.
- Most excited? The parttttaaayyyyyyy! Every single dude answered the same on that one.
- Three out of five said their favorite part of the day was when they sealed the deal with a kiss, and the other two said when it was over! They were both so relieved to have all of the planning and stress behind them.
- What mattered most? This one was unanimous: That their (now wives) were happy and they could begin their lives together.
Moral of the story? Ladies, don’t sweat the small stuff. You may want to ensure that you pick the perfect color napkins or construct the perfect signature cocktail, but in the end, it’s all about the LOVE. <3